Nominate your undergraduate advisor!
First Deadline: September 30, 2021
Second Deadline: December 2, 2021
Any MU faculty or staff member involved in the direct delivery of advising services as part of their job responsibilities to MU undergraduate students can be nominated. The nominee need not be an Advisors Forum member.
To recognize two undergraduate advisors each semester who have demonstrated the qualities associated with outstanding undergraduate student advising. Please refer to the Advisors Forum Mission Statement.
The individual selected for the Advising Shout Out Award be recognized at an Advisors Forum meeting. The award will be given twice in the fall and twice in the spring semester. If your nominee is selected, you will be notified by email. Please note that an advisor can only win once in a two year period.
Nominators may be a student, alumni, administrator, department head/chair, supervisor, faculty member, or colleague.
Five reviewers, including at least one MU student, will constitute the Selection Committee.
The Selection Committee will evaluate nominations on the evidence of effective advising qualities and practices that distinguish the nominee as an outstanding advisor. Such evidence may include, but is not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Demonstration of a caring attitude toward students
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Monitoring of student progress toward academic and life goals
- Mastery of institutional regulations, policies, and procedures
- Ability to engage in developmental advising (career and life planning)
- Behavior designed to build a strong relationship with students
- Availability to students and other advisors
- Frequency of contact with students
- Enhancing programs for the direct benefit of students
Questions? Contact Kibby Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.